What are the two things that the human body cannot do without? We cannot do without oxygen and water. As much as we need to breathe oxygen in order to breathe, we also need to drink water regularly in order to keep our bodies fully hydrated and in peak health.
Drinking water is important, but drinking pure water is even more important. Even though the water that is supplied to us via the local municipalities has been treated, this does not meant that the water is pure; it may still contain toxins that are dangerous to your health.
Another reason to filter your drinking water is that studies have proven the presence of carcinogenics in municipal water supplies. These toxins can be fatal when taken in the drinking water over a long period of time.
Benefits of Using a Water Filter System
Using a water filtration system will help get rid of harmful impurities from your drinking water whilst still retaining beneficial minerals. Using a water filtration system or even a water filter has many benefits:
- Improved Taste and Smell: Removing the contaminants and chemicals from your drinking water via filtering will make your drinking water smell and taste a lot better;
- Clean and Healthy Drinking Water: Many of the water treatment facilities do not filter out synthetic chemicals, resulting in the drinking water being unhealthy. Drinking bottled water is not a guarantee that the water that you are drinking is pure, as government oversight is very poor and some of the brands are nothing more than tap water that has been bottled.
- Removal of Harmful Contaminants: A good water filtration system will remove harmful contaminants and preserve healthy trace minerals that keep the pH balance of your drinking water regular.
- Reduce the Risk of Getting Cancer: Studies have proven that a lot of normal drinking water that is piped into homes and businesses contains carcinogens such as chlorine that are responsible for causing rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer. Filtering your drinking water will also reduce the number of disinfectant by-products and chlorine by-products like Trihalomethanes.
- Filtration is Inexpensive: Using water filters or a filtration system to ensure that your drinking water is purified will be far less expensive than spending money on purchasing bottled drinking water which may not be any more pure than tap water.
If you want to ensure that your drinking water is pure, invest in a water filtration system. You can also buy a home water cooler or an office water cooler that has a built-in water filter, and which can provide you with pure, tasty, chilled, ambient or hot filtered water.