Travelling is considered the new hobby of the 21st century, and although it has been placed on a halt due to the pandemic in 2020, it will commence once again and allow us to travel wherever we want.
Drinking water is extremely important and considered a basic need that must be met every day, but it’s also a sensitive resource that is contaminated in countries globally. It is something we are often unaware of when we travel, which is why it’s important to take note that even though you’re travelling to a different country or even a first-world country, it doesn’t mean that the tap water is fit for consumption. Although it is more likely for water to be considered safe in certain countries like the U.S, UK, and most European countries, it’s indeed not always be the case.
That’s why it’s necessary to research the country you’re travelling to before you visit it. On your trip, the last thing you want to be worried about is whether you can drink water from the hotel or the apartment you’re living at.
Consider the following tips to help you avoid consuming contaminated water:
- Avoid ice cubes when you order your drinks at a restaurant, and request to not have it added to your drink.
- Wipe down all utensils thoroughly before using them.
- Brush your teeth with a trusted brand of bottled water.
- Avoid fruits and vegetables that aren’t peeled, as they may have come into contact with contaminated water when they were originally washed.
- Ensure seals on bottled water are closed before you drink from them.
- Keep your mouth closed when showering and only wash your face with bottled water if possible.
- If you can’t purchase bottled water, boil drinking water before consuming it.
Get water cooler London from Living-Water.