UK law states that all employees must have access to potable drinking water throughout the day in order for them to remain fully-hydrated and healthy.
The best way to avoid dehydration, especially during the hot summer months, is to invest in an office water cooler because this will ensure that everyone has access to fresh, chilled drinking water.
What Benefits Are There To Installing A Mains-Fed Water Cooler?
The body consists of around 70% water, and a loss off a mere 2% of body fluid can result in thirst, a dry mouth and headaches. The more water the body loses, the worse the symptoms of dehydration become.
Dehydration not only affects the body, but also the mind, making it difficult to perform involved calculations, do intricate and detailed mathematical or scientific calculations, or even to think clearly. This will impact negatively on the bottom line of a business because productivity is affected.
Mains-fed office water coolers, also known as Point-Of-Use (POU) water coolers, are best-suited to larger offices where there are between 50 and 250 staff members.
The Benefits of POU Water Coolers are:
- They are plumbed directly into the main water line, so there is no need for water bottles;
- Fresh, chilled water is always available with the mere push of a button or turn of a lever;
- There is no need for storage space for all the water bottles required to satisfy demand;
- Mains-fed office water coolers are more eco-friendly than drinking bottled water because there are no bottles to discard;
- Mains water coolers have a very small carbon footprint;
- Mains water coolers also come in models that supply cold, ambient and hot water, which means that you can get all of your drinks from one source;
- Mains-fed water coolers can save you up to 70% on your annual water costs
- Mains-fed water coolers can be fitted with a water filter, ensuring that all toxins such and fluoride are removed before you drink the water; and
- POU water coolers cost a lot less in the long run because apart from an initial purchase and installation cost, the only other costs are minimal maintenance costs.
Living-Water, London’s premier water company, offers a nice range of plumbed-in water coolers in both floor and undercounter models, as well as a mains-fed water fountain that is perfect for schools, sports venues and factories.
At Living Water, we offer a wide range of mains cooler systems which includes the ever popular Continuum, the Fountain, the Pure, the Executive and the Under Counter. All POU coolers can be fitted with water filters.